Tuesday 22 September 2015

Monochrome maxi

There's nothing quite like a bout of gastro combined with PMS to slow down a ladie's sewing/blogging mojo. Yet here I am, looking rather pleased with myself and my latest maxi make: the Ama cowl neck frock by Named.


I bought this pattern entirely on impulse from Sew Squirrel because it was on sale and then I left it sitting on my shelf for months because I had some kind of fear that it would be difficult and ill-fitting. Turns out I was totally overreacting: this was a breeze to sew, even with this somewhat shifty rayon I recently bought from Spotlight. 


I absolutely love the cowl neck and how cute is the back? I used a piece of silver pleather, also from Spotlight, for the contrast panel. Just in case you were wondering, it's fine to shove this pleather in the washing machine. I can be brutal with my garments, and hey, you would never, ever know...


I have a feeling my summer wardrobe is going to be all about jumpuits and maxis.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment