Friday 7 August 2015

Fabricaholic Fridays

Step 1: Acceptance

My name is Winnie and I am a fabricaholic.

Step 2: Belief in a greater power

Oh yes, I believe in the power of a fabulouso fabric

Step 3: Share this belief with the world

It could be worse. I'd rather be addicted to fabric than, say, heroin. So embrace the fabric, I say. Embrace.

Here are my favourite fabrics of the week:

Viscose/elastane crepe
A new beauty from Tessuti. I'm thinking a Sewaholic Yaletown? Or even a Megan Nielsen Eucalypt tank or tank dress? I'm all about transeasonal pieces right now.

pompomtastic - you should have been mine
Since spotting this pompom knit at Rathdowne remnants I've become obsessed with making an oversized pompom cardi to take me into spring. But I hesitated, angst-ridden as I wondered to myself, 'Will I look like an oversized Christmas tree? A diseased elephant?' I finally decided I wouldn't let self-doubt hold me back. Then I returned to the store, planning to buy 2 metres. And it was sold out. Noooooo....

Penguin french terry -  so cute!
If money were no object I'd grab a metre or two of this beauty to make some mini Hudsons for my penguin loving kiddo. Alas, it would end up costing about $50 a metre if you include shipping, so I must remain strong. If you want to check it out, you can find it on ebay.

swan print rayon
I'm planning a Sewaholic Nicola frock with this gorgeous swan rayon. You can find it here on etsy.

crazy rabbit fat quarter
I really want to make a cushion with this neon rabbit sensation. From one of my etsy faves, Miss Matatabi.

Until next week...



No comments:

Post a Comment